How Your Commute Can Affect Your Health
Long commutes may contribute to stress and low life satisfaction in the US
“We get cranky, we get stressed out and there are plenty of studies that show that once again, anxiety levels go up, even risks for depression go up.”
7 Crazy Stats About How We Spend Our Time & How We Can Fix Them
- We spend 38 hours per year stuck in traffic
- We spend 11 hours per day with some form of digital media
- Women spend nearly one year (287 days) of their life deciding what to wear
- Men spend 43 minutes per day staring at women
- We work for 10.3 years
- We spend 93% of our lives indoors
- Video Gamers spend 6.3 hours per week playing video games
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
Commuting costs IT professionals £4bn in time alone
As IT professionals are forced further out into the suburbs, and commutes grow longer, the 490,000 people who work in IT are cumulatively missing out on £4bn a year in the unpaid time it takes to get to work.
Survey shows we spend a year and a half commuting to work. How long does your daily commute take? Read more…
8 ESSENTIAL PROS AND CONS OF TELECOMMUTING
While sitting in traffic, have you ever daydreamed about doing your work at home? Imagine what it would be like to wake up in the morning, put something cozy on, sit back, and work from a productive environment without ever having to leave the house.Read more…