Regardless of the kind or size of the business set-up, it can benefit much from outsourcing. Outsourcing is basically the obtaining the services of an outside agency to perform tasks that is normally done by an individual businessmen or by the regular office work force of a company.
A great advantage of outsourcing is that it frees up lots of time for businessmen or for a company to concentrate on other areas or jobs that also require attention and spend several hours to perform. Outsourcing of workers can do these tasks faster and maybe more effectively.
Many companies and businessmen have realized these that resulted to the proliferation of outsourcing agencies and individual who offer their services these days.
Mr. Outsource University is coming out with a series of tasks that skilled or semi-skilled jobseekers may apply for as a freelance virtual assistant or as a worker in outsource companies.
Here is the 3rd job in the series of tasks Mr. Outsource University is recommending:
Online typing freelance projects is now one of the fast growing online jobs for Filipinos. Also, it suits those who prefer to stay home either by choice or due to their physical conditions as those semiinvalid or physically handicapped.
The basic requirement for typists is the ability to have simple English correspondence skills and some technology proficiency or being computer literate.
Like most online jobs, typing job is not truly demanding for it only requires few technological skills and personal efforts, computer and internet connection for the transactions. Fully equipped with these requirements and you are off to the easiest and almost effortless way of producing money.
What does a typist do?
A typist earns money by typing for others. They may find a wide range of jobs available to them, ranging from those requiring secretarial work to those involving transcription. A typist may also find employment opportunities in data entry. Some typists works in offices, stores, and other business organizations while others start their own businesses, working from home.
A typist is hired for his ability to type professional-looking document with little-to-no errors. He types with great speed with a high rate of accuracy. He has an extensive knowledge of formatting requirements for different types of documents, such as business letters, legal forms, and college essays.
He may also have legal or medical terminology experience, leading to transcription opportunities where he produces reports and other documents from an original source which could be hand-written notes, audio recordings, or from shorthand notes.
Steps How to Get a Typist Job
- 1. Study everything about the job as a typist and the skills that are required. Accuracy and efficiency in typing is required. Also, basic knowledge in computer programs currently being used, such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Try to get certified by enrolling in training programs. Many companies prefer typists with a certain level of training that ensures the quality of work they produce. An Associates Degree will enhance the chance of getting employment.
- Prepare a great resume highlighting typing and office experience. Mention programs you are expert in, especially those that require specialization.
- When applying for a job as typist jobs, look professional in the interview. Some companies may ask for a sample of past work or require for a complete on-site skills test on speed and accuracy so be prepared.
Learning How to Type
Typing is an interesting and challenging work and it is hard to learn—In fact, it can be self. You only need to know the keyboard and how to place your fingers and you can start typing. Getting a job as a typist is relatively easy if you can build up your speed. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Get a typing book or learn from online tutors.
- Learn the keyboard. The keyboard is the main thing to learn. Know where your fingers should on the keys. Does not matter how many fingers you use in typing, it is the accuracy and speed that count.
- Take online tests often to check on your speed and accuracy.
- Constant practice is the key to become faster and more accurate. Most companies require a typing speed of 45 – 50 wpm type with no errors.
Basic Typing Video:
How To Type in 7 Steps: