Home Based Business Top 11 Principles to Success
With Reference to: http://www.createyourhomebasedbusiness.com/index.html
Many people study how to build a home based business as if it were a science. While there is always a certain amount of chance in everyone’s life, in many ways business building can be thought of as a science. Read on for eleven of the most salient principles to creating a home based business.
1. Quit procrastinating. Putting things off until tomorrow is always a bad idea. Often procrastination is caused by an inability to make decisions, like things that require high energy for a low return, things that won’t probably turn out well, things you don’t do well and don’t understand. It’s not that you can’t make the decision, really. You just don’t want to take a chance on making the wrong one. So instead of living a little dangerously, making the decision and leaping forward, you stay stagnated in one place. When is the right time to make the right decision? In choosing a home based business the right decision is the wrong decision if it’s made to late. Usually getting 50/60% information is the best time to make a decision, take action!
2. Believe in yourself. Many routes to riches involve selling things or ideas to other people. If you feel like you are not as good as others, what you have to offer is somehow second rate; you will never reach your potential. Take the time to make a list of all the things you appreciate about yourself. The idea is not to become a pompous know-it-all. It is simply to build some confidence. You are as good as the next guy, and you have just as much a right to a piece of the pie as he or she does.
3. Use your time wisely. This is similar to not procrastinating, but a little different. If you sit down at the computer to do your work-at-home business, and find yourself checking your junk email or shooting the breeze online, it’s a safe bet your business is not going to be growing like it could. Successful entrepreneurs know how to focus on the task at hand. If you have a bit of trouble deciding where to start, assign yourself certain days or hours to spend on different tasks – Tuesdays you’ll tackle marketing, or reading and making Phone calls.
4. Don’t give up easily. Many businesses lose money during their first year or two, but grow to be quite profitable after that time. Keep on plugging. You will learn valuable lessons during the early years. Don’t base your potential for success on someone else’s failure, especially when there is so little to lose and so much to gain. Quitting is not an option; keep your values and vision in front of you.
5. Don’t let rejection get to you. If you are trying to sell something, you are sure to get rejected from time to time. In fact, you will get rejected most of the time in all likelihood. Keep adding value to others; building relationships and working on your personal growth, you are sure to find a favorable response eventually.
6. Learn to serve people. Invest in the lives of putting others first and it will invariable enrich your own. Look for ways to add value, brighten other people’s days and lighten their loads. Teach others the attitudes of success. Once you teach it, you will learn it. It will pay off in a great attitude and many friends.
7. Your environment. Surround yourself with the people who are where you want to be financially. Disengage yourself from friends, family, and associates who constantly thrive on negativity. Engage in people that will support and uplift you. Remember you may live in a bad environment but don’t let the bad environment live within you!
8. Have a millionaire mindset. If you aren’t yet wealthy then you just don’t believe it is possible. What you focus on is what will be created and confirmed by your circumstances and surroundings. If you focus on your debt, bills, lack or poverty then that is exactly what you will get. If you focus on opportunities, breakthroughs, financial overflow or prosperity then that too is what will be created in your home based business. It might sound off the chain but what have you got to lose. Give it a try; focus your thoughts on abundance every day all the time.
9. Discipline your money. Don’t let money control you. Why be at the mercy of money when you should be the one in control. Why have bills overdue, credit cards maxed out and debt overflowing in your life. You’ll only create a situation where money starts to dictate your standard of living and what you can and can’t do. Instead put your money to work for you. Decide on what you will and won’t spend and discipline your money to work through investing it in assets such as home based business, real estate and long term growth stocks ect.
10. Be grateful. Living a life of gratitude is a key to living in abundance and wealth. When you are grateful for what you have then you start to create an environment that appreciates and attracts more of that which you want. Gratitude is a powerful emotion that when harnessed can be immensely powerful. Start a gratitude journal and write down the things you are grateful for each day.
11. Visualize your home based business success. Visualizing your home based business success before you go to bed each night will reinforce in your mind what you want to create for yourself. Write out a goal or affirmation of where you want to be in a few years’ time and start to visualize you on the day that it happens. Are you celebrating, where are you and whom are you sharing the moment with? Be as creative and as detailed as you can, as the more real it is for your mind the more it will work to attain it for your reality. Your home based business can reach its full potential, for great resources visit John Maxwell.
You have within you the power to create your home based business or the power to create poverty. So why not get on track today and design a future that you want.